Friday, March 26, 2010

Photo Friday : Spring

This weeks challenge was Spring. I decided (and it wasn't easy) to not go the easy route. I (tried anyway) made myself think. 
I wanted to do spring cleaning, and things like that, but the rooms I'm working on, are at present, disasters. 10 minutes here and there makes the job take forever. And you really don't want to see my messy rooms, do you? I didn't think so. 
Here we are:
The past few days of sunshine and warmth put a *Spring* in our step.


This was yesterday morning: Spring Fog.


Here is this morning: Spring Snow.



Spring reading:

Spring Planning (and snacking):

Springs of another sort: 
Spring sewing (which I better get cracking on!):
More people are thinking Spring here, and next is eggs.

13 comments:

Tracy said...

You and I think alike! I was going to do a Spring in the step and spring cleaning, too!

Your jelly beans look GOOD!

Jemit said...

Nice job! Marilyn

Full of Grace said...

My favorite was the one of just the feet and the shadows- this is SO SPRING to me!!! :)

Terri said...

I was going to do the spring cleaning too, but never got to it! Okay, I'm dense. I saw a picture of a spring on Tracy's blog but it didn't register what it was until I read yours! lol

Good job. I love the one of your daughter!

Collin said...

I really liked both of your outdoor shots of the fog and then the snow.

Rebecca said...

we had snow last night and I am NOT happy about it! argh

PS. VERY IMPORTANT question Bonnie: DO you or don't you like BLACK jellybeans?!?

Jennifer said...

Garden planning and seeds....I love it! :)
Your photo of morning fog was beautiful. I think fog changes the ordinary into something extraordinary.

gail said...

Hello Bonnie,

I was reading Mia's blog and you asked about clothes lines. Well here in Australia, most homes have outside clothes lines. The umbrella one you mentioned is called here a Hills Hoist. I have one of these at present but back on our big farm I had one with poles just like my Grandmother had many years ago. This was so much better, easier to use a looked terrific too. You need two very sturdy poles cemented well into the ground. Mine were about 15 foot apart. Each pole had a pivoting cross bar with 4 holes drilled in at even spacing. My husband then strained wire between the poles (the wire going through the holes in the cross bars) The wire should be strained firm but not so tight as to pull the poles in at the top. I hope this is of some help to you. The Hills Hoist is fine but on a windy day when I am hanging our my clothes it spins and can be bit frustrating. If your husband can make the old fashioned pole type with 4 lines you'll love the way it works.

Blessings Gail.

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

I wanted to do the spring in my step one, but I didn't get around to it.

I like the spring fog and the seeds. :)

Pitsch Family said...

Thanks for the suggestions about the chickens. I had no idea just thought thay were really small ! It would be so nice to meet you some day and chat. I truy enjoy your thoughts and perspective.
Also your fog picture was very breathtaking as it looked like it was creeping over the ground.

Elisha said...

I'm loving the first picture - looks like she just wants to dash right off the deck into the sunshine!
mmmm, seed catalogs!!!!!!!!!!! simply delightful!
It's SOOO nice to be home! Now I'm off the fix a quick lunch and make strawberry jam! Have you ever done it using apple juice concentrate? I've heard there's a way... but after my orange marmalade disaster, I'm hesitant to try...

Alyssa Spring Corley said...

I loved the fog and the actual "springs' - I think you're getting better at taking pictures!
http://www.corleyz.blogspot.com

Elisha said...

I tried the Strawberry jam method of making it with apple juice concentrate! It's good, but boy is it tart! There seem to be a lot of different ratios out there (strawberries to concentrate). Maybe I need to experiment a bit more...

A really big OOHHHHH! I'm just realizing that I don't think I told you, but I got a ticket a few weeks ago to come into town for a week!!!! Just Kara and I (Jud will be gone on business), AND since it's not during a major holiday (can't remember the last time I came in and nothing major was going on!), I should have lots of time for visiting!! So, since your schedule is undoubtedly much busier than mine, do you have anytime free during the week of April 9-16? Probably that Monday-Thursday will be good as I think mom has planned family things on the Saturday and Sunday... hmmm. ok, this is getting l-o-n-g. I was really bummed to not get to see you during Christmas, I hope it works out this time!!!!! K, love ya, hope you're having a good day!