Tuesday, March 22, 2011

In Which I Begin Spring Cleaning and Other Musings from the Last 10 Days

Much busyness, and snot-ridden children have kept me from blogging. In fact as I sat down to type this up, Honey came downstairs to tell me Biscuit was coughing like he was going to throw up. He did. Clean sheets, clean clothes, and the decision that yes, I will be cleaning their carpet.
So few bullets from me, as I chug some (puke-free) coffee, hold a squirmy Bean baby, and destroy any ground I gained on the elliptical by imbibing on Robins Eggs malted milk balls:

~::~ I turned 31. It sounds old, but really isn't, however if someone could mention that to all the gray I keep finding... (Yes kids, your big sister has gray, and don't forget that if you tease me about it, I know where you live and whose bed is whose) ~::~

~::~ Beans spit up in my coffee this morning. How he aimed it through the little opening of the travel mug I was using, I'll never know~::~

~::~ I started spring cleaning upstairs, and being the glutton for punishment that I am, I started with the kids room. All I have to say is Mom, I'm sorry. You were absolutely right about toys when we were little~::~


~::~ I was able to hang laundry out last week! I could've done it 2 days, but didn't know that until it was too late for ~::~

~::~ We sing ~This is the Day~ every morning during our Bible lesson. And the spirit of our day instantly changes, snotty noses and all (thanks again 'Lish!) ~::~

~::~ I finally got around to hanging up my wind chime. I always try to do it on my birthday, but it was gray and dreary, so I did last Thursday instead (My birthday was the 13 if you're wondering) ~::~

~::~ Seeds were ordered and have arrived! I just have to get them started now. LOTS of praying that they will thrive and be VERY fruitful~::~

~::~ I also ordered but have yet to receive 25 strawberry plants, and 2 blueberry bushes ~::~

~::~ For whatever reason, this table arrangement makes me very happy ~::~

~::~ Beans is asleep now, so I need to get to work~::~

~::~But before I go, I found these cool looking lichens whilst hanging out the laundry.
Lichens and moss I find fascinating~::~
Hopefully I'll post again before the end of the week, Spring cleaning, homeschooling and snotty noses make for one heck of a combination though, so no promises.
Tootles!
Bon

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry about the sickies, Bonnie! I actually am pretty sick myself...nasty sore throat, cogestion, chills, & aches! I am in LOVE with moss myself! :) I just cleaned my boys room...gack. I totally know what you mean. I came away with major allergies from all the dust! :P
I am waiting...just waiting for spring to really kick in here so that I can hang my first bunch of linens on the line. I am just giggling in delight at the thought of it! I know. Weird-o. :)

Happiest 31st, btw! I turn one and thirty myself this year! ;)

Joel said...

Why would we tease you about gray hair? And why do I get the feeling you are threatening me?

Nanci said...

Sorry to hear your "littles" are not feeling well. Hope everyone will be drip-free real soon.

Nanci

Rebecca said...

Happy BIRTHDAY you!

31? Old fogie. (just kidding. you are as spry as a teenager. 30 is the new 20, or so I am trying to convince myself as I *think* that is what I turn this year? Or maybe 29? I can never keep track and don't care enough to ever do the math.

Hope your day was glorious-I love the windchime tradition!

I hung clothes out all last week and it was wonderful. TOnight we are expecting to get 3-7 inches of snow. THIS is why I hate March. argh.

Lovely pictures from the tippy top to the very bottom of this post.

And here is hoping your wee ones are feeling better!

PS. Started starting seeds earlier this week with (MANY!) little hands and it took FOREVER to get a few rows done and was impossible to do tidily. SO I finished them up just a few minutes ago, long after the children fell asleep and enjoyed it immensely. Started lots of flowers, too. I am COMMITTED to many wonderful table bouquets this summer. :-)

Davene Grace said...

Happy belated birthday! 31 is young. ;-)

I love the fact that you sing "This Is the Day" every morning. Jeff asked me if we could sing a song (short, of course) every evening before we eat supper. We read a short devotional, sing a song, pray, then eat...and it is flat-out AMAZING how singing that song changes the whole atmosphere of the family. Music is powerful.

I hope everyone in your family is feeling better. I always admire your energy and the humor you find even in tough situations.

Oh, the fact that Beans was able to get spit-up in your coffee is nothing short of hilarious. I guess he takes after his daddy, and maybe he'll get that shooting record that B. got (can't remember at the moment just what it was, but I know it involved a gun and numerous holes in a target...I'm sure you know what I'm talking about). ;-)

Elisha said...

Oh my. I could just SEE the little rascal aiming for the coffee ;-) Go figure.
I was telling myself "This is the day the Lord has made" at 4am when little junior decided to wake up all bright eyed. I think the dark circles are going to be permanent... know of any good coverup? Ha.
*gasp* love that you are getting berry plants! Hope they come soon!
Love how much your pictures LOOK like spring!
Must go tend to the wee one...

Josiah and Anna said...

Hey Bon, don't worry about the grey hairs. Lydia started plucking grey hair off of my noggin when I was 23!! Ack gulp! Mom took all the good brown roots, and we got stock with the leftovers. Blah:-P

Anyway, hope the kids are feeling better! Can't wait to see y'all on Saturday!! :-)

Elisha said...

p.s. I'm graying like nobody's business

Tracy said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Bonnie! You're still a young'un. Gray hair? I have PLENTY! and have since I was younger than you. Embrace it! It's wisdom, don't ya know?

Hope you're all feeling better sooner than later, and that you can get some much needed rest.

Sarah said...

I'm soooo sorry that I forgot to wish you a happy birthday!! Lots on my mind lately and reading blogs has taken a back seat. Hope it was a good one, snot nosed kids and all!