Thursday, November 15, 2012

Dear Rebecca

Okay, you wanted to see my gifty ideas, so here you are- No pictures, all links. To Pinterest. Because that takes less time and time is money. Oh wait, I'm a mom, so time is often non-existent. Anyway.

For Honey The dollhouse family met with a tragic end, thanks to little siblings, so a new one is in order. I'm trying to figure out the HOW and these are some ideas I'm thinking over :
This  one, but not with the half egg feet. Maybe cutting up an old fashioned clothes peg for the feet.
I like this idea as well, I just don't know what to do about legs. Or how to make decent hair.
Also, I've got a bazillion ideas floating around in the ol' noggin for a dollhouse vegetable garden.
There aren't very many of those I've discovered. Lots of vegetables in baskets and whatnot, but only ONE garden I've found. It's kinda sloppy, but I guess that's to look artsy?  I need to look at that site with  tree stump house again, I bet she might have something I can use.

For Biscuit, I have nothing to show you. At least not that I know of. Farm boy wants a chicken coop to go with last years barn, some more chickens, and some turkeys, and some ducks, and housing for them. Not even 6, doesn't have any real chickens, and he already knows which ones can't reside together without potential problems. Smart kid. I think I know what I'm doing, but making it up as I go along.

Muffin is generally playing house, so I'm thinking an ironing board for her. We have a cheapy plastic one, but it's well, cheapy plastic. Besides, who could resist a wooden one? Not I. And I love using power tools, so I'm all about building one. I might pair it with a washboard and basket, and heck if I find one, a little wash tub. Otherwise, some things to go with her play kitchen.

This picture has nothing to do with anything, and is several years old. Just seemed funny to write a post with no picture.
Beans, being all about "doo-doos!", and well, anything with wheels (Any and all tractors are "Daddy's! Daddy's!") a train play mat.  And since that's not much maybe some blocks like this. That is dependent on finding good wood for it though.

And lastly, Sprout. Most of our baby toys have seen better days. Better days and a lot of children, so a few new homemade fun stuffs. This- I made one for a baby shower last week (without the ring, couldn't find one) and it was so easy and cute! Something crinkly- my babies love those. I would LOVE to figure out how to make one of these wooden books, but how would I do the pictures? 
And a wooden teething something. I like the acorn, but not with a heart.

So there you are. I think I might mention a few more things in my letter, but I forget. I pinned a fair number of these off of you I might add.

Does it get your crafty going?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW! :) Love your plans!

Rebecca said...

Dear Bonnie. I love you.

THANK YOU THANK YOU for the "Mama's Toy Shop" shoptalk. I love shoptalk.
And it TOTALLY gets my craft on.

I *LOVE* that dollhouse garden. That is seriously, SERIOUSLY cute. Because we have such an unorthodox dollhouse (four foot high enclosed cupboard dollhouse), I could totally see it outside planted right next to the real garden- in some sort of mailbox/house contraption that lifts the lid to play. SO cute.

Those branch blocks are actually on my list to do too- except unlike you (the one and only difference I can find thus far except color of hair) I am skerred of power tools. I always have such awesome plans that involve power tools but a husband too busy to do them for me. :-( I just need to learn. That's that.

My J is all about trains and tractors too! (Big surprise!) We have one of those wooden train set things and a car "carpet" so I am going to be painting accessories for it, like a few houses and such for him to put around it and maybe a gas station.

The ironing board is a fabulous idea. And the dollhouse family will turn out amazing because they always do.

I was actually considering a good winter project to be making a sort of dollhouse family-esque nativity set with felt animals too. My children would LOVE that. But it might be an after Christmas project. If I were more on the ball, I could have done it for Adele's birthday-but Noooooooo.

I will tell you what Adele' is getting for Christmas- because I know you will love it. I am making her a....(drumroll please) CHICKEN purse! :-)







Unknown said...

LOL. Rebecca is "SKERRED" of power tools! ;) (never mind that I barely know how to turn the dern things on!)