Monday, January 7, 2008

Rethinking My Resolutions

Yeah, yeah, I know I said I wouldn't be making resolutions, but the more I thought about it, the more I came up with that I would like to do/not do.
So, I present you with some of my goals for 2008:
-Start a recipe blog
- Not kill my potted plants
- Not kill my herbs- actually, having them come up would be nice. I would like to see some fruit from my efforts before the succumb to my abuse.
- Teach Honey to write her name
- Potty train Honey ( I've been fighting a losing battle on this one)
- Learn how to crochet
- Have the downstairs completely picked up before going to bed. It is so nice coming down to a clean living room floor, and an empty sink. The day just seems to go better. Actually, it usually is picked up, but I do forget to do a once over on occasion.
- Become a better letter writer. I'm just not much of one.
- Develop a better prayer life. We already do devotions together everyday, but my prayer life could use some work.
- Super deep clean and rid our home of the extra "stuff"'. It's easier to just pack up what we are not using and store, than decide do I really need this? and put it in the yard sale pile.
- Finish making the slip cover for our living room couch. I've been working on it for 2 years, though I am glad its not finished yet, because I want to make some changes to it.
- Planning breakfasts and lunches. Honey would be happy with peanut butter and jelly for every meal, but I really need to broaden our horizons, instead of getting stuck on the same 4 things all the time.
-Make my self look nice EVERY day. Mr. B. works hard all day, and he doesn't need to come home to a tired looking, some what unkempt wife.
- Wear an apron ALL the time while cooking. I've ruined enough clothes.
I think that will do it for now. If anyone is still awake from reading this, kudos to you for sticking with my boring post!
And now, I commit this list to the Lord, and know He will help me accomplish it, He does after all care about the little things.
Have a wonderful, blessed Monday.

3 comments:

New Mom said...

Yep, same problem here. I pretty much gave up on having plants for a while, buying them just to kill is such a waste of money!

Unknown said...

These are really sensible resolutions -- I'll join you in apron wearing, trying to feed Boo more interesting foods, and dressing up at home more.

Davene said...

These sound good!

I'm usually a big resolution-maker, but so far this year I haven't gotten into it. I think I'm just anticipating the arrival of this baby so much and the adjustment to being a mom of 3 children that I can't think much further than that! Maybe I'll make some resolutions in February or March! :)