Tuesday, August 12, 2008

New and Old

I updated my canning sidebar if you're interested. And, just so I can look back to see, here is the list from last year:
8 pints hot pepper butter
12 half pints hot pepper butter
17 pints bread and butter hot peppers
8 quarts bean and bacon soup
7 quarts vegetable chicken soup
7 quarts vegetable beef soup
6 half pints blueberry cherry preserves
7 half pints blueberry lime jam
9 half pints orange plum jam
3 quarts peaches in apple juice
7 pints bread and butter pickles
5 half pints pickled banana peppers
3 quarts zesty dill pickles
9 half pints cucumber relish
7 half pints cherry jam
4 quarts peaches
6 quarts beans
13 pints beans
7 half pints strawberry rhubarb jam
9 half pints spiced strawberry jam
8 half pints strawberry jam

I'm nowhere near done for this year, but I'm taking a break for awhile, canning can be exhausting!

3 comments:

Davene said...

You really have done a lot already this year! That would be impressive anyway, but combined with the fact that you're pregnant and have two little ones, it's simply amazing. :)

Sarah said...

You are officially insane. ;)

Kimberly said...

I'm tired just reading the list!!
:)
My peaches are done--woohoo! I think I'll do apples and beans and be done.
Have a great day!