Thursday, November 17, 2011

The Doll


Only *I* can orchestrate a fiasco out of something like making a doll. I made this one. I thought it was okay. But really, I could do better right? Suuuuurrrreeee. So 7 tries later, I came back to this one, realizing it was a whole lot cuter than I remembered, and decided to keep it. The fact that it was 2 days before Muffins birthday, and I was out of time, patience and free patterns helped too. After cutting a new leg (to replace the one I mercilessly cut off, thinking it would work on one of the others that I tried), slitting seams to un-stuff it, to turn it inside out to re-sew weak seams, to re-stuff and re stitch, I am happy. It is cute and Muffin loves her, and that's what counts. But she has no ears. The pattern ones made her look like a monkey. I'll puff paint some on later.

She would've had a glorious wardrobe, had I not wasted my time.

Which doesn't really matter (even with this cute sleep sack) because Muffin only wants her to wear the dress in the top photo

And the pink diaper, though she likes to hold the "soft snuggly one"

She put her back in The Right Clothes after I snapped this one. Silly Muffin.

P.S. thank you all for you input in my Fiasco post! I really appreciated it!

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

Been missing you like crazy Bonnebelle.

So glad to have my 'eyes' back AND a real keyboard to TYPE with (instead of the one letter plucking I was doing on Pinterest with Matt's litle netbook.)

You nailed the doll, especially so because she actually RESEMBLES her Muffin-Mama!!! Love, love, love her! (I am not the only one, either, as that last photo so perfectly portrays. Oh the beautful squintiness!)

Sarah said...

It came out really cute! And I love the last pic of her with it! <3

Unknown said...

Sooooo cute!! :) That is one thing I REALLY (I mean REALLY) wish I could sew...more felt/fabric type games and toys...maybe I'll learn when I'm a grandma! ;)

Davene Grace said...

Awww, what a sweet doll! And the girl is awfully sweet, too!

I'm sure you won't be surprised when I say that, more than ever before, dolls have been on my mind recently. ;-) Today I was thinking, "I have to find the *perfect* doll for this little one." If only I could sew like you...

I seriously doubt I would have the tenacity, even if I could sew, to try SEVEN times to make a doll. Hats off to you for your persistence; the result is beautiful!! :)

Kimberly said...

love it!!!

Elisha said...

Oh what a SWEET picture that last one is!!!! You are so talented - LOVE to doll. I'm pretty sure that would take me like a year to make :-) Good job!