Much to my in laws amusement ( anyway they seem amused to me) I am hosting Thanksgiving this year. I'm so excited. I really have always wanted to do this, and now, I finally get my chance -Yippee!
Wanna see my menu?
Turkey (duh)
Stuffing- Cornbread and plain
Make ahead Mashed Potatoes
Green Bean Casserole
Company Corn
Homemade Noodles and Gravy
Sweet Potatoes (yuck)
Cranberry Sauce and jelly
Cornmeal rolls
Crescent rolls
Homemade jam
Eggnog Pumpkin Pie
Sugar Cookies
Gingerbread(?)
My MIL and SIL are also bringing pie, and while it may look like I'm expecting an army, there will only be about 10 of us.
Today and tomorrow are my cleaning days, then Wednesday, I'll do my cooking.
Except for the rolls and bread for the stuffing, I made all that Saturday and put it in the freezer.
Hopefully, I'll get to post some pictures Thursday night, I also have a few pictures from last week that won't load for me :0P
So until then, have a happy Thanksgiving!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Happy cooking! Unless I get enlisted to help cook in Delaware, I'm not making anything this year. You are more than covering for me, however. Have a blessed Thanksgiving!
Sounds like fun! Thanksgiving seems like a great holiday, because it's all about family and you don't have to run around buying presents. Our equivalent, Australia Day, is very low key and the weather is hot (it's in January) so most people just go to the beach.
Oh, my, you're making all of that??? Wow, I take my hat off to you!
Hey, what do you have against sweet potatoes? :)
I hope your next few days go very smoothly, and have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!
Post a Comment