Friday, May 16, 2008

Pregnancy "Menu"

I nearly wet my pants,( which isn't hard when your pregnant) I laughed so hard the first time I read this. And it is SO true! I found it again, and just had to share, and hopefully it lines up to make sense!

First Trimester Menu
Appetizer
Tums compote

Entree
Fresh Saltines on a bed of Saltines, lightly seasoned with Saltines

Beverage
Ginger ale (IV drip available upon request)

Dessert
Ten minutes in a dark room with an ice bag on your head
______
Second Trimester Menu
Appetizer
Half a roast chicken, extra crispy

Entree*
A succulent leg of lamb smothered in pork chops, served with BBQ ribs and garnished with cheeseburgers (all burnt beyond recognition for your safety)

Beverage
Toll-House pie smoothie , prepared with 1/2 pint heavy cream

Dessert
9"X16" pan of double-fudge brownies
______
Third Trimester Menu
(Each course followed by 15-minute neck massage and/or bathroom break)

Appetizer
Three bites of tossed salad

Entree
Two bites of lasagna

Beverage
None- so you'll have room for dessert

Dessert
A Tic Tac

* Double portions available if you're expecting twins

5 comments:

Unknown said...

very funny! oh how tempting it is to eat for two...

Sarah said...

That's awesome! I can totally relate to the first and second trimesters so far!! I found the scale while unpacking today, and yikes! I need to lay off the pizza...which I ate nonstop during the move.

Davene said...

I remember reading this during my pregnancy with Tobin and relating all too well to it. It is hilarious because it is REAL! :)

New Mom said...

Mrs. Bonnie, where are you? We miss you... and are ready for the big reveal of that new website!

Rebecca said...

HA! You crack me up! THIS really IS true, isn't it!?!?