Maybe I should reintroduce myself: Hi, I'm Bonnie the girl who blogs here once in a blue moon.
Yeah, it's been awhile. And I would love to say that I haven't posted because I've been doing all kinds of wonderful things: we took a family trip to Tahiti, built a barn, I published a book and won the nobel prize. Nope. Haven't posted because we have spent the majority of the winter sick. I've come to the conclusion that new babies mean months of sickness in the fall/winter. I don't think I've been to church 2 Sundays in a row since before Christmas. The stomach flu hit B. and all 5 kids in the last week and a half, but everyone is feeling much better, so (knock on wood) I am hoping we are *finally* done.
Moving on. Some of random-ish food pictures, and other non-sense to keep you entertained and somewhat informed of the goings on here at Crabapple House:
This was Sunday morning (This particular Sunday being a day I'd like to forget as it was one of those dark days of motherdom. Also a day when 2 different people complimented us on how well behaved our children are at church/in public and what a great job we're doing. If they had been at our house that morning, they would have probably kept their mouths closed, but that has nothing to do with this picture) I kept hearing a strange noise while trying to get ready for church and keep Beans from breaking all my make up, falling off the toilet lid and brushing his teeth with the old toothbrush I keep in the shower to scrub my engagement ring (when I remember). Light dawned and I yanked open the bottom drawer of the vanity. An entire bottle of mousse emptied. Yay.
While the flu was making its rounds, I decided chicken (and turkey) and noodles would boost everybodys morale, and it did, for those who could keep it down. I made some banana muffins too and Oh-my-good-gravy are they gOOood.
This is Deep Dish Hunters Pie. More about it Thursday, since I missed posting it last Thursday thanks to 2 dentist appointments in 2 days. I have another appointment this Friday. Aren't I lucky?
This was breakfast this morning.
My seeds are all here, and as soon as it thaws enough to dig some dirt out of the garden, I'll be getting them started. Can't wait.
I saw a robin last week too.
This was supper tonight. The most awful chili ever UNTIL you add some sugar (brown please), then it is the BEST chili ever. My kids go crazy for it.
My husband, being the wonderful kinda guy that he is, brought home a miniature rose for each of the girls yesterday. Honeys is orange and Muffins is pink.
I have been missing Amanda's closed blog (homegrown and beeyoutiful) something fearful- I'm so glad I copied down some of her recipes and wise words before she closed down- BUT! I have found Lydia and she has been filling that void and I've gotten some much needed "Mama-couragement". I've been going through her archives as time allows.
I don't really have anything to say about this picture, so instead I'll talk about something that freaks me out and has me all excited at the same time: Honey starts 4-H this fall. Yep, next year she gets to show critters at the fair!!!! We *should* be getting chickens this spring, which well, never mind. I'll talk about all that later. But anyway, yeah, 4-H. Wow. I can't believe how fast that snuck up on us.
I got a bur under my saddle one day about my spice cupboard, and decided to do something about it. Silly me, what I think will be a quick little projects always turn into all day affairs.
Totally worth it though. And it's still neat and tidy!
Sprout went and turned 6 months on us. And he has 6 teeth. And he is enormous. Like 12-18 months sized clothing. He's also sleeping on my lap right now, my sweet kissy boy.
I fussed around here too, making a book wreath.
It's not as sparse as this picture makes everything look.
School is trucking along. I'm not sure we'll ever finish we missed so much being sick.
And I'm bordering on burned out and despising Abeka right now. My Charlotte/Abeka plan ain't panning out at the moment. I also am extremely envious of people who have school rooms. My brain has been wracked, but I cannot come up with anywhere to do it but at the kitchen table. My goodness, we live in the kitchen here. I sometimes forget we have other rooms on the first floor.
And just because:



5 comments:
Hello Bonnie
I don't think I've commented much, but I had to say I loved your update & can relate so much with having had a 'sick season'. I hope you are all on the mend now!
I also miss Amanda's blog & had to smile when you mentioned it! Thanks for the link though ~ I'm going to check it out once I've cleaned up the kitchen & put the kiddos to bed!
Have a wonderful day & I love your rose picture!
Blessings
Renata:)
There you are!
Sorry to hear the sickies have hit. This winter has been hard on us too- thankfully not with stomach flu but with horrible coughs that have lingered for months and MANY sleepless nights. Hope you all feel better soon. Sickness is exhausting, especially for Mama's.
Your blog post made me hungry. REALLY hungry. Thanks a stinkin' lot. :-)
Little roses for your daughters? Awwwwwwww.
Your spice cupboard looks wonderful and your comment about a hand-me-down magazine cracks me up because that is the only kind of magazine I read too.
You are ALIVE! :) We have been blessed by not A LOT of sickness, however the few times we've had it, it has been HARD. We are at the tail end of one of those times. Phoebe was hit the worse which was so hard! :( So sorry you have been struggling and I just PRAY you are through the worse! Love your wreath & tin display and your spice cabinet looks just fabulous!
Blessings, friend!!
I want to come eat your food. Yum. I'm also drooling over your cast-iron dutch oven(?)
Chili that the kiddos will eat???!!! Do tell! I'm all ears!
I know those dark days of motherdom. 2 year olds and very preggo mama's are a hard combination.
Oh, I PRAY you guys are over the sickness! We seem to have a good 3-5 day stretch before coming down with something else. Currently on day 13 of sick kiddos. this.has.got.to.end. I told Jud that I'm going to start having the kids wear a white mask in public, JUST so I can have a break in playing nurse! HA!
Hello Bonnie. You have five little ones. That is all you need to do. But we miss you.
And Tahiti would be nice.
Post a Comment